Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bob and Frida and travelling friend Yvonne, from Holland, stayed with me in November 2013. On this occasion Bob and Frida are utilising their timeshare at Port Owen, Laaiplek (Velddrif) and about now Yvonne is touring the Garden Route, but soon to venture up the West Coast where hopefully I'll get to see her too. Other than the usual aches and pains (you wouldn't say so to look at him, but Bob turns 80 next year), those two haven't changed a bit and are still such warm and loving people to boot. With their and Yvonne's encouragement I might well 'maak 'n draai' to Cuba via Holland next year. Well, that's my dream, although the way they 'gaaned aan' about Iguazu Falls, situated on a basaltic line spanning the border between Argentina and Brazil, being bigger and better than Vic Falls and, being Zims born, I might have to go there if only to disprove their story (or eat my words). I can't think of anything nicer than drinking jenever gin in a brown house in Holland and chomping on Dutch cheeses, not to mention seeing these good folk once again.

No comments: