Tuesday, July 15, 2008

REALLY A CASE OF AMAZING GRACE




Mark and Simona Bament stayed with me for three nights in August 2007 and during that time they confided in me their desire to have children. Her biological clock was ticking away and it was becoming more pressing by the day.
As is so often the case, the minute Simona returned to work – with the Italian Consulate – she found herself indeed in a state of grace: preggies.
Being already booked and therefore not able to host their stay this year, I referred them to a friend, but they took the trouble to detour and join me for coffee on Sunday morning en route home.
Simona tells me that due date is in two weeks’ time. Judging from these pics I’d put my hard-earned moola on sooner than that. If it’s a girl then she will be called Aurora, a boy Tiago (means James – like in Santiago, St James).
Thanks for sharing these last minutes of freedom with me and the readers, Mark and Simona, and for your message, “it has been a pleasure to see you again yesterday!” She concluded her email with, “Tanti baci (many kisses, in Italian)”.
An update in two weeks’ time, folks.

No comments: